The Shepherds Conference and Elders Academy fulfills the mission of the General Council of Pastors and Elders, which is to encourage, enlighten, equip, and empower Ministers, Elders and Pastors throughout the Church Of God In Christ. In addition to training on legislative matters, the Conference and Academy is geared towards building stronger ministries and stronger families.
The 2022 Shepherds Conference and Elders Academy will be hosted in Grand Rapids, Michigan at the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel. Day Sessions and Seminars will be hosted at the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel starting at 8am, while Night Services will be held at Renaissance Church Of God In Christ starting at 7pm. Bishop Dennis McMurray will be the host pastor.
Below is the tentative evening schedule:
- Tuesday, August 30th – Michigan & Canada’s Night
- Wednesday, August 31st – Chairman Michael Eaddy’s Night
- Thursday, September 1st – Presiding Bishop J. Drew Sheard’s Night
Early Registration BEGINS on July 8, 2022 and ENDS on August 15, 2022. Below are the registration levels:
- $250 – Pastor
- $200 – Elder
- $150 – Church Staff or Spouse
- $150 – Virtual
General Registration BEGINS on August 16, 2022 and ENDS on September 2, 2022. Below are the registration levels:
- $300 – Pastor
- $250 – Elder
- $200 – Church Staff or Spouse
- $200 – Virtual
Registration includes three (3) luncheons, VIP reception on Tuesday night, two (2) Chairman’s Reception at hotel post evening service, registration materials, and more!
Join the GCPE for a time of fun and competition during the Annual Golf Tournament. The Tournament will be hosted at Mines Golf Course. Tournament Cost: $100.
The Peace March will be held on Tuesday, August 30, 2022 starting at 11am. The March will begin at the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel and end at the Ah-Nab-Awen Park. The Press Conference and March will address Gun Violence in America (and in Grand Rapids), Racial Injustice and Voter Suppression. We will hear remarks from:
- City Commissioner, Pastor Joe Jones
- Urban Church Leadership Representative, Reverend Dr. Julian Guzman
- Grand Rapids Police Chief, Eric Winstrom
- City Manager, Mark Washington
- Grand Rapids Mayor, Rosalynn Bliss
- GCPE Chairman, Administrative Assistant Michael Eaddy
The Institute will offer the following Morning Training Tracks:
- Regional and Jurisdictional Leadership Academy – Supt. Kiemba Knowlin and the GCPE Judicial Review Committee Education Team is leading this educational effort. This Track will provide information on the Church Of God In Christ Judicial Process and Court system. Jurisdictional Chairman and their staff will learn how to: facilitate a Mock Trial; review the Appeals Process; and provide Certification for Jurisdictional Councils.
- Pastors (and Church Staff) Academy – This Track will assist with generating an Emergency Response Plan for local ministries; cover ministry expansion with the InPeace App; Smart Church Seminar; and more.
- Elders Academy – This Track will cover Accountability, Delegation, and more.
- Women’s Academy – Lady Christine Eaddy and Supervisor Vanessa Winbush Gatlin will coordinate and exciting Women’s Track that will include outings.
The Afternoon Training Tracks will include:
- Being Known For Something with Author Mark MacDonald
- C. E. Blake Initiatives with Coordinator Anthony Coleman
- Church Growth with Bishop Roderick Hennings
- Servant Ministry – Adjutancy with Bishop Dickerson Wells
- Smart Church with Supt. Anthony Wheeler
- The Role of the Committee Chairman with 1st Appointed Vice Chairman Anthony Williams
- The Role of the Jurisdictional Chairman, Vice Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer
- Unlocking the Power of Trust with Danielle D. Pollard
- and more
The Council is looking for each Jurisdiction to submit ten (10) ads. The Congratulator Ad is a great way to advertise your ministry and show support for the General Council of Pastors and Elders. Ads are $150/ad and will be printed in FULL-COLOR. The deadline to submit Ads is Friday, July 29, 2022. Below are Ad submission details:
- Congratulatory Ads should be submitted as an 8.5×11 document via PDF, JPG or PNG formats
- Ads should be addressed to: Chairman Michael Eaddy & the Delegates of the 2022 Shepherds Conference and Elders Academy.
- Ads should be mailed to [email protected]
Submit your Ad Payment today!!!
The historic Amway Grand Plaza is a true destination in the heart of downtown Grand Rapids. Part of the Curio Collection by Hilton, the Amway Grand is a member of Historic Hotels of America®, the official program of the National Trust for Historic Preservation for recognizing and celebrating the finest historic hotels across America.