Let the records also show that the journey to becoming the International Music Department of the Church Of God In Christ began with Mother Deborah Indiana Mason Patterson. With no formal national music department in place, Mother Patterson took on the task unofficially prior to the appointment of Dr. Anna Crockett Ford in 1949. “The King’s Daughter” assisted her father, Bishop Mason, by organizing singers and musicians to render the ministry of music when he had to speak before the constituency.